Leftover Thanksgiving Mini Casseroles
Click here to vote this recipe as one of our "Most Loved" – voted by our fans!
Ingredients (4 Servings)
3 slices Arnold® Whole Grains 12 Grain Bread, cubed
2 cups leftover turkey, cubed
2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
1 cup green beans
2 tablespoons shredded carrots
4 tablespoons leftover gravy
1 cup leftover 12 Grain stuffing (recipe follows)
2 tablespoons scallions
4 tablespoons leftover cranberry sauce
12 Grain Stuffing Ingredients:
5 cups Arnold® Whole Grains 12 Grain Bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 medium onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, diced
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 large apple, peeled and diced
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon dried sage
½ teaspoon dried thyme
½ cup dried cranberries
1 cup chicken stock
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cubed
12 Grain Stuffing Directions
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside. Place cubed bread in a large bowl.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a large, heavy skillet. Add onion and celery and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is soft (approximately 5-8 minutes). Season with salt and pepper and transfer to bowl with the bread. Add remaining olive oil, apple, parsley, sage, thyme and cranberries to bowl, and stir to combine. Season with more salt and pepper, to taste.
- Whisk egg in a small bowl with ½ cup of stock. Pour over bread mixture, and mix well. Transfer bread mixture to prepared baking dish. Pour remaining stock over bread, and scatter cubed butter on top.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake another 15 minutes, until top is nicely browned. Serve hot.
Mini Casserole Directions
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a medium bowl, mix turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, carrots, gravy and leftover stuffing. Divide the mixture evenly between the 4 ramekins, leaving an inch of space at the top.
- Top each ramekin with cubed bread and sprinkle scallions on top. Cover with foil and bake until heated through (approximately 30 minutes). Remove foil and bake until the bread is lightly toasted on top (approximately 5-10 minutes).
- Remove from the oven, drizzle cranberry sauce on top and enjoy!