Ingredients (1 serving)
- 8 slices Arnold Oatnut® bread
- 1 head butterhead lettuce
- ¼ cup black olives, roughly chopped
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Tuna salad (recipe follows)
- Lemon vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- Tuna Salad Ingredients:
- 12 ounces Yellowfin or Albacore tuna
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅔ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
Tuna Salad Directions:
- Combine tuna, olive oil, red wine vinegar, red onion, capers, oregano, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and mix well. Adjust seasoning as necessary and refrigerate until ready to use.
Lemon Vinaigrette Directions:
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, shallots and salt. Whisk until the vinaigrette emulsifies. Add the rosemary sprig, cover and set aside for 1 hour (remove the rosemary before using). Keeps well refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Add whole leaf butterhead lettuce to a large mixing bowl and dress with lemon vinaigrette. Set aside.
- Add olives to tuna salad and spread across 4 slices of bread. Top with sliced avocado, dressed butterhead lettuce and remaining pieces of bread. Serve at room temperature.