Ingredients (2 servings)
- 4 slices Arnold 12 Grain® ® Bread
- 1 c. cooked and cubed, boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp. non-fat milk Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. medium or hot chunky salsa
- ½ tsp. lime juice
- ¼ c. diced green bell pepper
- ¼ c. diced red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp. finely minced red onion
- ½ small ripe avocado
- 4 slices ripe fresh tomatoes
- 2 crisp romaine lettuce leaves
Mix together yogurt, salsa and lime juice in a medium bowl. Stir in chicken, peppers, and onion.
Cube avocado in ½ inch chunks and gently fold into the chicken mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Lightly toast bread and divide chicken salad mixture between two slices of the bread. Top each with two ripe tomato slices, a piece of Romaine lettuce and the remaining bread. Recipe makes two sandwiches.