Ingredients (4 servings)
- 4 slices Arnold Buttermilk® ® Bread, toasted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- ½ –1 cup tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped and divided
- 2 eggs
- ⅛ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Once hot, add the onion and cook until tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, minced garlic, red pepper flakes (if using), salt and pepper. Sprinkle in 1 tablespoon parsley and cook until mixture begins to thicken (approximately 5 minutes).
2. Crack eggs into 2 small bowls. With a large spoon, make 2 indentations in the tomato mixture and pour 1 egg into each indentation.
3. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and cover skillet. Cook until egg whites are set and yolks are cooked to desired level of doneness.
4. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve with toasted bread.