Ingredients (1 serving)
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, cut into eight ½ inch thick slices, 4 slices reserved, or 8 slices of canned pineapple (two 8 oz. cans)
- 1 small Vidalia onion, cut into rough chunks
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tbsp. ancho chile powder
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 4 ea. boneless skinless chicken breasts, 4oz each approximately
- 3 tsp. grapeseed oil or canola oil
- 1/2 c. Greek yogurt
- 1 lime, juice and zest removed
- 1/2 c. finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 c. finely chopped sweet onion
- 8 slices Arnold Double Protein® bread
Combine pineapple (with the exception of 4 slices), garlic, onion, spices, and oil in a blender. Blend until smooth. Place marinade in a large zip top storage bag with chicken breasts and marinate in the refrigerator, for 3-4 hours (8 hrs. max).
Stir together Greek yogurt with chopped cilantro, lime juice and zest, and chopped sweet onion. Reserve until ready to use.
Lightly oil pineapple and set aside. Scrape excess marinade off chicken breasts. Lightly oil chicken breasts and grill or grill pan. Heat grill over medium high heat. Grill chicken breasts until cooked through, approximately 3 minutes per side. Remove from the heat and allow chicken to cool until just warm. While cooling, grill 4 slices of pineapple, until nicely charred on each side. Using a toaster oven or oven, toast each slice of bread on one side. Remove from toaster oven or oven and allow to slightly cool. Build each sandwich by placing the toasted side of bread down and spreading 1 1/2 tablespoon of yogurt sauce on each untoasted side. Top 4 slices of bread with grilled pineapple and the remaining 4 slices of bread with grilled chicken. Combine slices to make a sandwich with chicken topped with pineapple and the toasted bread facing out. Enjoy.