Ingredients (4 servings)
- 8 slices Arnold Almendras ® bread
- 3/4 c. walnuts, lightly toasted and finely chopped
- 1/2 c. nonfat cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 large (12 oz.), Minnesota Honeycrisp (or any other firm apple), thinly sliced into 16 pieces
- 4 1-oz. slices of low-fat sharp Minnesota cheddar cheese
- 2 oz. alfalfa sprouts, rinsed and dried
Stir together the walnuts and cream cheese. Spread three tablespoons of the mixture on four slices of bread. Place four apple slices each on the four pieces of bread. Place a piece of cheese over the apples. Broil the cheese and apple-topped slices until the cheese is bubbly and just starting to brown (about a minute or less). Evenly divide sprouts on each cheese and apple-topped slice, and top with remaining bread.